After mentioning Photovoltaic glass in the past, here’s the even more practical version of that item. I can’t say for sure if it’s as effective as its glassy counterpart but it’s quite powerful nonetheless. It gets the job done and it also fits better with the decor.
Combining solar innovation with award winning design, the flexible SHR assumes the pattern of traditional asphalt shingles. The new PV shingle enables roofs of residential or commercial buildings to become sources of electricity as well as protection from the elements. The PV shingle face is textured to blend and complement the granular surface of conventional surrounding shingles. Each shingle is 12 inches (30.48 cm) wide by 86.5 inches (219.71 cm) long and nailed in place on roof decking over 30 lb. felt sheeting. Electrical lead wires, #18AWG, extend 12 inches (30.48 cm) from underside of each shingle and pass through the roof deck allowing interior roof space connections. Once in place, the sun’s warmth helps bond shingles together forming a weather-resistant seal. Cell exposure 5.0 inches (12.7 cm) x 86.4 inches (219.46 cm). Array size depends on power demands.
System Benefits :
- Attractive style
- Fully integrated shingle roof
- Lower electric bill
- Free electricity
- Pollution-free power
- Increased home value
- Manufacturer backed warranty
- Protects the environment
- Exceptionally durable
- Great investment
- Significant state rebates available
System Features :
- Architecturally pleasing systems that do not distract
from the natural lines of the home
- Complete design freedom
- Solar shingles are structurally and aesthetically
integrated roofing elements
- Capable of withstanding 80 mph wind loads
- No support structures needed
- UL Listed as prepared roofing cover
- Modules and inverters UL listed
- Wind and water tight roof
- Suitable both for renovation and for new construction
- 20-year power output and 5-year system warranty
- Direct nailing on wood decks with fire-resistant underlayment
- No back-ventilation of solar shingles necessary
- Easy to transport and install
- Lightweight shingles are easy to handle and can be
placed directly on fire-resistant roofing underlayment
The US series modules are exceptionally durable.
The Triple Junction cells are made by depositing the active silicon material on unbreakable stainless steel sheet metal. A steel back plate provides stiffness and the modules are encapsulated in UV stabilized polymers and framed in anodized aluminum. No glass is used. Bypass diodes ore connected across each cell, enabling the modules to produce power even when partially shaded. The US64, 42 and 32 come equipped with 1 conduit ready, weather proof junction box. The US2 I, I 5, 3 and I come with on eight-foot cable.
The US series Triple Junction silicon modules are everything that you have wonted in 1 solar electric module.